Wednesday, October 15, 2008

John on a Mountain



This is a painting of John M mountain climbing. As if mountain climbing wasn't enough adventure for a chap, this guy quit his job as a teacher and is now mountain climbing all over the world. As of this writing he is in Nepal.

I'm not here to judge any one's motivation or judgement. I'm here to celebrate the adventurous among us, and if this doesn't qualify then nothing does! My hat is off to you my friend and may you find what you are after. John's blogsite is http://www.thefuckitlist.blogspot.com/

This is a 30" x 40" oil on stretch canvas. It is clean, simple, symbolic, and sturdy. It, and other paintings are available for sale at ChrisGeremia.com.

4 comments:

thefuckitlist said...

thanks for the shout-out man! I can't wait to meet in person when I return to the US. Your art is great.

Tsuki Hinagiku san said...

When I saw it I immediately thought that the person in there must've been having a hard time walking through those rocky mountains. Then I read your post and everything made sense.
Good painting, the lines are strong and hard, gives you the thought that strength is needed to continue downward that path

LOVISH said...

This painting describes that life is not easy and is full of adventure . But at last we human beings if work hard can conquer or win over every difficulty . The mountain structure is very well painted . The painting is really very much motivating and motivates to move ahead in life , whatever difficulties may come , we have to conquer all.

shameem's blog said...

this is a great piece of artwork.i wish i could have this painting in my living room and show the appelling painting to everyone else